Friday, November 27, 2009

My Anticipation is Building To See The Saints/Patriots Game

I can't wait to see Tom Brady and the New England Patriots Play the Saints on Monday night. I'm getting really excited.

I wrote in an earlier post that it was too soon to pick a winner but for me that has changed.

I think the Patriots will win 31 - 28. Drew Breeze is hot and the Saints will score points, but the New England Patriots will score more. I think there will be an upset during this game.

There are several keys to the game. First and foremost is the play of Tom Brady and the play calling which are equally important. I think the Saints will be tough to run against so the play calling has to keep the Saints defense way off balance with different types of pass plays like the shovel pass, screens, and quick out passes. And of course Tom Brady has to play his "A" game for all of this to succeed.

Second, in a big game like this I have to bring up special teams once again. The Patriots have to dominate special teams in this game and allow no big plays from the Saints.

Finally, the defense has to play smart. First try not to break, we know they will bend because they are playing one of the hottest offenses in the league right now. So we know the Saints are going to score, but the Pats defense needs to be tough especially in the red zone. Second, the defense really has to be careful of both stupid penalties and long pass interference penalties because it's at New Orleans.

But I'm really excited because I think these things will come together and the New England Patriots will upset the Saints Monday night. I think that Tom Brady will have one of his best games of the season. I am concerned about the play calling - it really has to be changed up this week.

And I love Drew Breeze, he is a classy guy and an awesome quarterback but I like the patriots a little more. So Go New England!!!


Billy Damore

No comments:

Post a Comment