Saturday, January 16, 2010

NFL Playoffs - Anyones Taking This Year

Well we all know what is supposed to happen don't we? Well Let's see.......................

Arizona can't possibly topple the Saints in New Orleans can they....................can they?

And it would be impossible for the Jets to beat the Chargers right? And what about the Colts could they possibly lose to Baltimore? And we all know that Dallas can't beat the Powerful Vikings.

Well think again!! We can hope we can analyze, we can speculate and we could even bet, but that's something I would not dare do with this years match ups. Let's break it down some more.

Can you really count out Arizona with an experienced Kurt Warner steering the ship? Especially knowing how close they came last year to winning the Super Bowl.

Will the San Diego Chargers be able to beat a cocky coach with a Jets team that expects to win? Or will the Jets defense (one of the best in the league) shut the Chargers down?

Can the Peyton Manning and the Colts shake off the dust - no really can they shake off the dust both physically and emotionally to beat a Baltimore Ravens team (who is not rusty) that just beat Tom Brady and the New England Patriots in New England and beat them bad!!

Finally, will the Minnesota Vikings who incidentally are NOT coming into the playoffs with momentum be able to rise up and beat the Dallas Cowboys? I'm not so sure. I love Brett Favre, I always have. But lately it seems like in big games he has a tendency to force things in the playoffs. And thus do his team more harm than good.

Oh and by the way - this is a very healthy Dallas team who does NOT expect to lose.

It really is for any team to take. I think almost all of these games are too close to call.

My pick to win the Super Bowl still stands to be the San Diego Chargers. So naturally I expect them to beat the Jets - at least I hope they will.

The Saints SHOULD win against Arizona, but I dare not even pick a winner for this one. And don't be shocked at all if Arizona wins - Kurt Warner is a competitor and is tough!

I do have to pick the Colts over the Ravens. But Dallas and Minnesota is too close for me to call. If you want to go out on a limb, be my guest.

It's going to be an exciting weekend. But that's why they play - right? And that's what makes it exciting for us to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment